I received the following email from someone interested in casting home brewers in Ohio for a possible documentary!
Hope this email finds you well.
My name is Francis Poon, and I’m a producer with part2 pictures, a TV/ film documentary production company here in NYC. We are currently developing a television series that aims to take a fun and immersive look into the competitive world of amateur beer brewing.
I’d love to connect and talk about the homebrewing community in Ohio. I’m especially interested in brewing teams, clubs and stores. At this stage of development, we are really trying to identify strong, fun, dynamic and diverse brewers and brew clubs to feature on the show to illustrate the wealth of the homebrew experience.
I would also very much appreciate if you could potentially pass along our casting notice either via a blog post/ word of mouth/ mailing list if possible. The document is attached, and I would also be happy to discuss any and all questions you might have.
To tell you a little more about our company, part2 pictures has produced a variety of high quality documentary programming for Discovery, OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network, National Geographic, PBS, The History Channel and other major broadcasters. Our programming puts an emphasis on the individual; their take on a unique world and how they operate within it. Our ultimate goal is to create a quality program that will show the passion, competition, camaraderie and fun within this unique world.
Thank you so much for considering this request, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Here is a copy of the Casting letter, get in touch with him if you are interested in being a part of this!
SEEKING AMATEUR BREWERS FOR NEW TV SERIES
Are you insanely passionate about making beer? Are you an amateur brewer who competes?
Are you part of a group of friends, social club, or family who brew together? Do you devote
every waking second (or all of your free time) to making beer?
A major cable network and Part2 Pictures, an award-winning documentary film and television
company based in New York City have teamed up to develop a quality TV show about the fun,
competitive world of amateur beer brewing.
We are currently casting people who represent the wide-range of folks making beer – especially
those of you who are very active members of a brew club or beer brewing group. We’d love to
speak with you to learn more about the where’s, how’s and why’s of brewing beer.
WE ARE SEEKING:
• Amateur brewers who participate in competitions (or will be entering their first
• Members of a social brewers club who brew together
• Colleagues or friends who are part of a brew team
• Siblings or a whole family of brewers
• We will also consider individual brewers not part of a cohesive group
• Brewers with a “friendly rivalry” – or who have someone they’ve been dying to outbrew
• We are open to people who have been doing this for many years or just starting out, or
amateurs who have the dream of going pro
• We are interested in people who just LOVE beer
• Big personalities and huge passion for making beer a must!
If you fit the description or know someone who does, please email:
email@example.com with the following info:
• name, email and phone number
• a recent photo of yourself and your “brewmates”
• where you live
• why you love making beer
• how long you’ve been brewing beer
• describe your group (or indicate if you brew and compete on your own)
• your local brew club (if applicable)
• details of the competition circuit (how many competitions you participate in, when you
will be next competing, etc.)
• describe the type of beer(s) you make and why you think it’s the best!
• why you’d love to participate in a show about beer brewers
Part2 Pictures is a reputable television company that has produced a variety of high-quality
documentary programming for OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, National Geographic, the
Discovery Channel, PBS, The History Channel and other major broadcasters. We are
committed to telling great stories about people, their take on a world and how they operate